Many top marketing research, management consulting and pharmceutical firms received our training and use our software. Several consult with us on their more challenging applications.
“Jay has made an outstanding contribution to the methodological debate around the modelling of survey data. His thought provoking work on segmentation, choice and predictive modelling continues to shape the state of the art of statistical consulting and has delighted many of our clients for whom we have put this into practice.” Gary Bennett, Managing Director, Logit Research, U.K.
Some of our recently completed consulting and onsite training projects include the following:
1. Consulting Psychology Press (CPP)
Dr. Magidson used latent class modeling to develop the latest version of the Myers-Briggs® Personality Type Indicator (MBTI®).
“Statistically awesome and innovative! We worked with Statistical Innovations on a long term, global, data analysis project using latent class analysis through Latent GOLD. Over the course of several years of work, we found Jay to be responsive and patient, and he provided excellent guidance and support to help us understand the results, responding to our direction, and arriving at a very satisfactory result.” Rich Thompson Ph.D., Divisional Director, CPP, Inc.
Dr. Magidson trained Genentech statisticians in the use of Latent Class Modeling in cancer research, and worked with other leading cancer researchers resulting in several important publications:
- “A whole-blood RNA transcript-based prognostic model in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer: a prospective study”. The Lancet Oncology, Volume 13, No. 11, p1105–1113, November 2012 (with R. Ross, M. Galsky, H. Scher, K. Wassmann, G. Lee, L. Katz, S. Subudhi, A. Anand, M. Fleisher, P. Kantoff, W. Oh).
- “Long-term survivor characteristics in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer from registHER”. British Journal of Cancer, 2014 (with D A Yardley, D Tripathy, A M Brufsky, H S Rugo, P A Kaufman, M Mayer, B Yoo, C Quah and M Ulcickas Yood).
- “Blood mRNA signature to predict survival in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with tremelimumab”. Clinical Cancer Research Journal, Volume 20, No 24, December 15, 2014 (with Yvonne M. Saenger, Bobby Chi-Hung Liaw, Ellen de Moll, Sara Harcharik, Yichun Fu, Karl Wassmann, William K. Oh, David Fisher, Philip Friedlander).
- “Correlated Component Regression: Re-thinking Regression in the Presence of Near Collinearity”. Chapter in 2013 Springer Verlag book series: “New perspectives in Partial Least Squares and Related Methods”.
3. Gene News:
“During the past 9 years I have worked with Dr. Magidson on the development of diagnostics for the early detection of cancer, prognosis of survival and response to cancer treatments. We have found latent class modeling to be ideal for development of robust models to identify responders versus non-responders to drug therapy, for example. Jay’s statistical models consistently validated in independent clinical trials! This result stands out as unique in the pharmaceutical industry. I highly recommend Statistical Innovations for the depth of their knowledge and their ability to work well in meeting the demanding needs of drug developers.” Karl Wassmann, V.P. of Business Development, Gene News
Dr. Magidson also trained marketing Science professionals such as Ford Motor Company, Pfizer, Yahoo, and Hallmark Cards.
This is a partial list of the companies who have consulted with us on a variety of projects:
- A.C. Nielsen Company
- Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- Chemical Bank
- Ford Motor Company
- Hallmark Cards
- Mediamark Research Inc.
- National Geographic Society
- The Polk Company
“National Geographic is a long-term, very satisfied user of Statistical Innovations’ software and consulting services.” Joseph S. Fowler. Sr Asst Director of Promotions, Mgr of Market Research, Nations Geographic Society
“In my experience I have found few firms with the depth of understanding of pertinent statistical tools and techniques.” Lewis C. Winters PhD., Manager of Marketing Research, Chevron Corporation
“The professional staff of SI have been very responsive in providing software support, training and most important, valuable consulting on how to get the most out of our data.” Rick Kendall PhD., Director of Market Research & Planning, Home Box Office
“… thank you for the fine job you did on the INTV’s modeling project. In fact the rating services, experts in such analysis in the field of media, recently commented on the high caliber of your report… All of our member stations appreciate your persistence and commitment to the project.” Susan M. Rynn, Research Director, INTV (Associations of Independent T.V. Stations)
“Jay Magidson has consulted for the Statistical Research Department of Nielsen Media Research on a number of projects involving log-linear models. His knowledge of such models was extremely useful in defining problems, collecting an assembling the appropriate data and successfully solving the problems within an acceptable time.” Edward A. Schillmoeller, Vice President, A.C. Nielsen Media Research
Myers-Briggs and MBTI are trademarks of The Myers and Briggs Foundation.